|Friday, September 29, 2017 |
Mountaineers Through the Years
Friday, September 29
10:00am – 12:00pm: Alumni Visitation – Stop by the Alumni Center now located in the Aspinall-Wilson Center. Check out old yearbooks, chat with friends, and make sure your alumni contact info is up-to-date. We’ll have coffee and cookies…
• 10:00am: Golf Outing at Dos Rios Golf Course.
• 6:00pm: Homecoming Parade on Main Street. Alumni groups are encouraged to put together their own float for the parade. Let’s show the students how it’s done! If you would like to participate in the parade with your group, please sign up at western.edu/homecomingparade
• 7:00pm: Homecoming Kick-Off Celebration and the traditional lighting of the “W”. We’ll have the lighting of the “W” at 8:30 pm and lots of good cheer. This year located at the BORICK Business Building!
• 9:00pm: Homecoming Bonfire – Mountaineer Bowl Parking lot
Saturday, September 30
• 10:00am: Campus Tour– Meet at the University Center main desk. So many changes over the past decade…Check out Western’s “new” campus.
• 11:00am: Rugby Game – Whipp Rugby Field
An annual Homecoming highlight…Come watch the alumni ruggers take on the current student team.
• 11:00am: 4th Annual Men's Basketball Gathering – Blackstock Bistro
• 11:30am – 1:00pm: Tailgate – Parking lot across from Mountaineer Bowl - $5 for food, music, beer garden and lots of fun. The tailgate party is sponsored by Mountaineer Athletics, Alumni Relations and the Western State Foundation.
• 1:00pm: Football Game – Mountaineer Bowl
Western vs. Dixie State
• 4:00pm: Campus Tour – Meet at the University Center main desk – Last chance!
• 5:00 - 7:00pm: Ice Lab Social
• 6:00pm: I Bar Concert and Dinner - Benefit concert for the WSCU Cross Country and Track & Field Program. Full bar and food available for purchase. Click here to purchase tickets online.
• 30th Anniversary Thornton Research Program Biology Alumni Reunion
• 1997 RMAC Championship Football Reunion -
• 30 Year Rugby Reuion
• Class of 1967 50-year Reunion
Gunnison, CO 81231
Online purchasing options are no longer available. Purchases must be made on site at the tailgate and/or football game. For questions contact Meagan Brown at 970-943-3464