|Sunday, September 30, 2012
|| Event Spotlight
|2014 Homecoming Schedule
"Crimson Heart; Clean Slate"
There’s never been a better time to Western up…
Western has a clean slate with a new name, a new look, new facilities, and new leadership. We are heading in exciting new directions and we want you to come along with us. Come check out our new field house, meet our new President, and get your exclusive homecoming swag. Plan your trip to Gunnison this September to be a part of the excitement. And remember—Western may have a clean slate, but we are still your Western, we’re still your alma mater and you can never take the crimson out of our hearts.
Click here to RSVP for Homecoming
Check out the Gunnison-Crested Butte Tourism LODGING and some additional Events going on in the Valley!! Also, Peak Properties of CB is offering a 15% discount for anyone coming for homecoming. Check out their offerings as well.
Thursday September 25
7:00 pm - Western State Alumnus, Luke Mehall ('04) will be returning home to speak about his latest climbing book. This event will take place in the University N. Ballroom
Friday September 26
• 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Alumni Visitation – Stop by the Alumni Center up in Crystal Hall. Check out old yearbooks, chat with friends, and make sure your alumni contact info is up-to-date. We’ll have coffee and cookies..
• 11:00 am Golf Outing at Dos Rios Golf Course! Click here to register your team
• 4:30 pm Tour new Field House – Meet at the southern entry by the roundabout
• 6:00 pm Homecoming Parade on Main Street
• 7:00 pm Homecoming Kick-Off Celebration and the traditional lighting of the “W” This is the big event everyone looks forward to all year. We’ll have a live band, fireworks, the lighting of the “W” at 8:30pm and lots of good cheer. This event is free—everyone is welcome at the Aspinall-Wilson Center
• 9:00 pm Homecoming Bonfire - Mountaineer Bowl Parking lot
Saturday September 27
• 9:00 am Mountaineer Breakfast – University Center – Mad Jack’s - We’ve got updates and breakfast for all Mountaineers. This is your chance to meet new President, Dr. Greg Salsbury. Come hear his vision for Western and get the lowdown on what is happening at Western. Also, our Athletics Director will give an athletics update and we’ll even have a quick appearance by Head Football Coach, Jas Bains. You won't want to miss this breakfast!
• 10:30 am Tour new Field House – Meet at the southern entry at the roundabout...Last chance!
• 11:00 am Duane Vandenbusche book signing The infamous Duane Vandenbusche will be signing copies of his latest book at the Bookstore in the University Center from 11am until 12:30pm
• 11:00 am Rugby game – Whipp Rugby Field - An annual Homecoming highlight... Come watch the alumni ruggers take on the current student team.
• 11:30 am Tailgate – Parking lot across from Mountaineer Bowl - Free Food, Beer, Friends and Fun! The Tailgate Party last year (co-sponsored by the Foundation and the MAA) was a roaring success! We’re ramping it up to a new level this year! Be sure to Western Up with us before the big game!
• 1:00 pm Football game – Mountaineer Bowl Western vs. Adams State – The Colorado Classic
• 2:00 pm Lacrosse game – Whipp Rugby Field - Following the Rugby game, same field, same fans…
• 4:30 pm Campus Tour - Meet at the University Center main desk - So many changes over the past decade… Check out Western’s “new” campus.
• 7:30 pm A Tribute to Dr. John Wacker- Quigley Hall
• 9:00 pm Homecoming Dance – Escalante Center - The “Westerners” (aka the Rodeo Club) is hosting a homecoming dance for alumni and students. Join our current students and kick up your heels!
Friday, September 26, 2014
|The 2014 Alumni Golf Outing at Dos Rios
Get your team ready to kick off this years homecoming at Dos Rios Golf Club.
Day: Friday, September 26th
Entry Fee: $75.00
Format: A "modified" four person scramble!
Sign up today because our space is limited! (Entry fee includes cart, range balls, lunch, tee prizes, and awards)
To register online Click Here
Come join us at Dos Rios for a day full of laughter and cheer!
Friday, September 26, 2014